WAN IFRA Women in News’ Digital ABC is an online, practical training course focused on how to operationalise digital strategy. It is comprised of three modules (A, B and C) and comprises approximately 30 lessons in total. Module A covers The Foundations of Digital, Module B is about Digital Maturity and Strategy, and Module C is on Managing Change.
Digital journalism is part of our reality and in order to survive in the long term, all media professionals need to understand digital strategy and be ready to create change in their respective organisations. The 2020 global health pandemic has made this need all the more urgent.
WIN created this course to help media organisations fill the knowledge gap that exists within their teams on the monumental impact of digital distribution on traditional journalism, and, crucially, how to translate this into practical, concrete action to help navigate the transition from print to digital.
The course is structured to be primarily self-led reading, alongside group discussions and gatherings. Take note of the concepts and discussion or reflection points at the beginning of each lesson so that you have a framework for what we are going to be looking for.
- 18 November: Participants receive logins for the MMA education portal
- 19 November @ 2pm GMT: Live webinar to kick off the programme
- 19 November – 19 February: Module A is in progress
- 10 December: Mid-course webinar
- 11 February: Sexual Harassment webinar
- 25 February: End of course webinar and live presentations
- 4 March: All lessons must be completed and all assignments submitted